DAR 2020 Events Update
As we continue to watch and react to the fast-paced changes created by the COVID19 we want to keep you informed regarding the status of DAR races.
Our priority is the health and welfare of you, whether a participant, volunteer, staff member or spectator.
Second, is that we conduct the scheduled events on or as near the original date as possible. Many are simply moving their events to later in the year. Great idea, except it floods summer and fall events, disrupting your training and participation.
DAR is working to provide as many updates as possible thru our website, registration site and social media. Because mandates and restrictions change daily, we will announce our final decisions as close to the event as possible, while allowing you ample time to adjust your schedule.
We recognize a public crisis of this magnitude has not been experienced by Americans since 1941. However, we are confident the outcome will be successful. In the meantime, stay safe, stay healthy and keep training!
CURRENT EVENT STATUS:
– Shannon Brewing Co. 5K – Keller TX – March 21,2020 – RESCHEDULED TO – August 15, 2020.
– St. Patrick’s Triathlon – Keller TX – VIRTUAL. End date April 24, 2020.
– Registration website updated.
– Athletes will receive their shirt and medal at Packet Pickup.
– Due to restrictions on gatherings Packet Pickup is to be determined.
– With limited access to pools athletes may record times as run-bike-run. A link to record times will be available Friday, March 27, 2020.
CAVEMAN TRIATHLON – Flower Mound TX – April 5, 2020 – RESCHEDULED TO – August 9, 2020.
– Website updated reflecting new date.
– Packet Pickup will follow the same schedule based on the rescheduled date.
WOMEN RUNNING – Keller TX – Virtual – End date April 30, 2020.
– We are taking this opportunity to help our communities by donating the proceeds of this race to Tarrant County Women’s Shelter.
– Additional information and shelter crisis can be viewed on the race website.
– A special certificate has been designed for all finishers to print and post. Show the world your contribution to eradicating this pandemic.
– No Finisher shirts or medals will be provided but you can transfer to another DAR 2020 event. Athletes will be charged the difference if transferring to an event with a higher entry fee.
– Registration website and results link available April 27, 2020.
TEXASMAN 2020 – On March 14, 2020 the CDC recommended an eight-week moratorium on large gatherings. Texasman falls at the beginning of the eighth week of the CDC moratorium and the park service is unsure about the availability of Johnson Branch on May 3, 2020. We are strongly considering moving this event to May 31, 2020. This will allow the event to be conducted in the same month as scheduled, provide minimal impact to your training and preparation. And, allow all to have a kick!@@ party celebrating the end of this public crisis!
We are withholding a final decision until Mid-April based on the most up to date guidance available.
Currently, we are not planning to change the 2020 schedule for any events beyond May.
For further information and updates pertaining to a race, please click on that race.
We hope this answers your questions and all remain healthy, safe and active. Remember: we are all in this together! And, together we can overcome any Challenge, especially COVOID-19.
Dan & Tom