Disco Olympic Tri
Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 | www.discotriathlon.com
While some of our other races are more competitive, Disco is without a doubt our most popular.
It simple… Gold chains, big hair, polyester and silk, a KILLER race course, a beach start and a finish next to the lake. OH!!!! And of course, a LIVE DISCO BAND!
We offer three distances at Disco.
Sprint: 500 yard flat lake swim, 17.6 mile ride and 3.1 mile run.
Olympic: 1 mile swim, 23-mile ride and 6.2 mile run.
X-50: 1 mile swim, 40 mile ride, 9 mile run.
- All have a spectator friendly beach start
- The bike ride has a couple of “Texas Hills”
- The run is awesome! Runners run through a tree lined state park.
You won’t be alone at Disco. You’ll have a thousand fellow athletes joining you on the course, along with tons of spectators to cheer you on and join us on the dance floor to do that boogie thang! Afros welcome!
For sponsorship information, please contact Tom Ryan.
Lake Ray Roberts
Johnson Branch State Park
100 PW 4153,
Valley View, TX 76272
Located 15 minutes north of Denton and 50-minutes from downtown Dallas. Take Intersate 35 to exit 483/FM 3002 and go east approx. 6.4 miles to Johnson Branch Park.
Individual Olympic Distance Athlete-Must own the “directors cut” of Saturday Night Fever!
$99.00 (9/3/2013 – 5/13/2014)
$119.00 (5/14/2014 – 6/3/2014)
$129.00 (6/4/2014 – 6/17/2014)
On-line registration is OPEN!
TO BE ANNOUNCED
Race begins at 6:30 a.m. Complete race day schedule in the athletes packet.
Parking maps are issued at packet pick-up. There is parking within walking distance of the race site for spectators.
HOLIDAY INN HOTEL – UNIVERSITY
1434 CENTRE PLACE DRIVE
DENTON, TX 76205
Guest rooms: 153
AMERICA’S BEST VALUE INN & SUITES
820 SOUTH INTERSTATE 35 EAST
DENTON, TX 76205
Guest rooms: 84
FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES
2900 WEST UNIVERSITY DRIVE
DENTON, TX 76201
Guest rooms: 75
HAMPTON INN AND SUITES
1513 CENTRE PLACE DRIVE
DENTON, TX 76205
MOTEL SIX-VALLEY VIEW
1000 I-35 SOUTH CENTRE PLACE DRIVE
I-35 EXIT 486
VALLEY VIEW, TX 76205
1. It is the responsibility of each athlete to know the race course and any potential hazards which may exist on it.
2. The Disco events have no aid stations on the bike course. Aids stations on the run course will be approx. every mile. Aid stations will have water, ice and replacement drink.
3. Transition area is old school. Open racking/ first come first serve with in your race area! (Sprint in one area/Olympic in another area)
4. Wetsuits will not be allowed. It’s Texas. The water is warm! All athletes must wear a swimsuit. Nudity at this race is a 4-hour penalty or lunch with David Hasselhoff.
5. Make sure that you properly wear your race numbers (for all races) and timing chip (for all races). You will receive two numbers at packet pick-up. The bicycle frame number goes on your bicycle’s top tube, just behind the handlebars. The bib number must be worn on the front of your body during the entire run portion of the event. You will be body marked on race morning before the swim and the timing chips will be located close to transition also on race morning.
6. The roads are open to traffic. Ride on the right hand side of the road on the shoulder unless instructed otherwise by a police officer or a race official. Please discourage your friends and family members from driving on the race course while the race is in progress. Do not cycle in the car lanes.
7. Spectators will not be allowed into the transition areas. If you would like to hand your gear to a friend over the transition area fence before you begin the bike portion of the event you are welcome to do so.
8. Park only in designated parking places. Parking lots specifically designated for the Disco athletes and spectators will be provided.
9. Please help our volunteers keep the countryside clean and the residents of the area happy by discarding rubbish (gel packets, water bottles, banana peels, wrappers, cups, etc.) at the aid stations while racing.
10. Award ceremony will be following the race near the finish line tent!
Results and photos will be posted here after the race.